Friday, February 19, 2010

Olympics

I am an Olympics junkie. I look forward to getting home every night to watch the winter events. Same for the summer Olympics. I admire the athletes that give up normal life to train for years to attempt to be the best at their sport. Congratulations to all of the US Olympians that have achieved their dream by preforming a personal best after working their butt off to get there. I admire you.

Along that line, David and I were eating at my favorite Chinese restaurant the other night and he got this fortune in his cookie "Many of life's failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up".

I am afraid I am not fast enough to be successful on my cross country trip. I am faster and stronger than last year, but I don't know if I am fast enough. Fortunately, I still have just under 5 months to continue to train. I can't give up!

No comments: