Saturday, December 5, 2009

I am a terrible blogger!/Pac Tour Desert Camp 2010

Okay, now I really need to start working on my blog and being more consistant with it. So far I am a pretty pathetic blogger. I have a handful of people that are interested in following my training for my Northern Transcontinental bike ride, so I need to develop a better discipline doing it.

So here it goes:

The PAC Northern Transcon is going to start in Everett Washington on July 10, 2010 and end 30 days later in Williamsburg, Virginia. I read back over my earlier blog posts and found that I made the decision to ride cross country around March 4th. Too funny really. I hired a coach, Michelle Grainger, the first of April and slowly but surely have been training for the ride. I have lost a total of 42 lbs and want to lose at least 8 more. I have lost a lot of inches although I really have no idea how many. I know I am stronger and fitter than I have ever been.

I also made the decision to participate in a one week Desert Camp also orgainized by the PAC tour just this week. I will be heading to Arizonia to train in the mountains during the week they call Chiricahua Challenge March 13th. The routes will be different from the routes I did in April 2007, but some of the roads will be the same. We will fly in to Tucson and cycle to Tombstone instead of Sierra Vista. We will also move to Willcox for a night or two. I am very apprehensive about going out to do this ride. I guess it will really show me where my strengths and weaknesses are. Seeing that I have issues riding up some of our "hills", I have no idea what Mountains are going to do to me....

No comments: